Best Saddle for Folding the Bike 2020: An uncomfortable bike saddle can turn cycling into a miserable experience – and can even lead to long term injuries if you find you’re sitting strangely to accommodate discomfort. The ‘perfect perch’ varies dramatically from one cyclist to the next– and is determined by a number of factors: anatomical differences, riding style and everything in between.
What causes saddle discomfort?
Discomfort in the saddle varies between riders. But it often arises from a rider settling themselves down on a saddle that is not the correct width. We all have different-width ‘sit-bones’. The ischial tuberosities are the parts of your body designed to bear your seated weight. Most cases of saddle-related discomfort arise because the load is carried on the soft tissues between the sit bones rather than by the bones themselves. Also, bear in mind that the perceived width of your rear end has little to do with the actual bone structure. Good bike shops and some brands offer to test ride programmers so you can try before you buy.
Designed to be wide and short, the Power saddle from Specialized will suit a rider who chooses to adopt an aggressive position in the drops. The short length means it’s also ideal for people who tend to stay in one position on the bike. It’s got minimal padding, and comfort is provided by the pressure relief channel.
Best Saddle For Folding The Bike 2020
#01 – Fizik Mistica Saddle
- Rails: Kium (titanium alloy)
- Shell: carbon-reinforced nylon
- Cover: Microtex
- Seat Length: 240mm
- Seat Width: [nose] 55mm
#02 – ISM PN 3.0 Saddle
- Rails: Stainless steel
- Seat Length: 255mm
- Seat Width: 120mm
- Recommended Use: road cycling, trail, triathlon
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
#03 – Prologo Scratch 2 PAS Tirox saddle
- nack CPC
- Injected carbon shell
#04 – Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow Saddle
- Selle Italia, SLR Tekno Flow, Saddle, 275 x 131mm, 110g, Black
#05 – Pro Stealth saddle
#06 – Fabric Scoop bike saddle
- Choose flat, shallow, or radius shapes
- Flexible nylon shell for all day comfort
- Chromoly rails optimize durability
- Weather-proof microcover cover stands up to years of hard use
- 142mm x 282
#07 – Fizik Arione Saddle
- Made for Snake- Designed for the flexible riding style of the Snake.
- K:ium Rail- Combines a particular metal alloy, a specific tubular design and a special finishing process which increases fatigue performance
- Wingflex Technology- Engineered flexibility along the edges where the inner thighs contact the saddle for full range of leg motion.
- Carbon Reinforced Nylon- The Shell is made of high strength and flexible carbon reinforced nylon.
- Equipped with a Microtex Cover and an Integrated Clip System capability
#08 – Selle San Marco Mantra Superleggera Saddle
- Selle San Marco MANTRA SUPERLEGGERA SADDLE 2017: BLACK
- Selle article number FA003380035
#09 – Specialized Power Saddle
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab tested for both men and women to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
- Stiff FACT carbon fiber shell tuned for support and ride compliance.
- Super-light PU padding for comfort and support on longer rides.
- SWAT compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions.
- Size 143mm / Weight 211g
#10 – WTB Rocket Saddle
- incredibly versatile saddle, it's popular for road to mountain, gravity to long distance
- narrow, mid length love channel, it fits a broad range of endurance riders
- Increased soft tissue relief provides multiple options for rider positions
- Available in three different widths: narrow (130mm), regular (142mm) and wide (150mm)
- Chromoly rails, synthetic cover, flex tuned shell, DNA comfort zone padding
Best Saddle For Folding The Bike 2020
A weight weenies dream at 114g, this saddle will suit a rider who wants a flat, narrow saddle which is comfortable even on longer rides.
The Arianne is suited to flexible riders and is quite a narrow perch. The length provides plenty of room for a rider to move around, but the width means it won’t suit everyone.
Their perches come in several styles – the Flat models are ideal for those who sit in a more aggressive position whilst the Shallow versions suit more endurance orientated riders and the Radius is ideal for those in an upright position.
The Pro Stealth has a wide pressure relief channel that suits riders who like to sit in an aggressive position and stay there. It’s a unisex option that comes in two widths and will suit time trial riders as well as regular roadies.
It is a multipurpose saddle that’s suited to everything from racing to touring or mountain biking, this is a fairly wide option with a pressure relief channel and long rails to allow for plenty of adjustment.
Read More: BEST CRANKSET FOR FOLDING BIKES
We have rated this saddle as a great option for those planning long, endurance miles. Multi-density foam provides comfort, whilst a pressure relief channel reduces compression. A slight drop at the nose felt great in the drops for our tester but won’t suit everyone.
They can work well on the road too. Our tester gave this one 10/10 – though be aware that setting up an ISM saddle will be different to setting up a standard saddle, so check the instructions. Most dealers offer to hire options if you want to test one out before you buy.
Related Tags:- Best Saddle for Folding the Bike 2020