Best Folding Bike for Commuting 2020: Are you aware of bikes that can make your commuting easier by being folded? They have a single defining characteristic: these bikes fold. The compact nature of these bikes indicates that they’re ideal for a person who, for example, wants to commute for long distances.
Folding bikes are also been permitted on peak time trains in most countries, which can solve problems for regular commuters. Naturally, in this growing market, there are many different brands offering folding bikes – but what might be the perfect option for one, maybe the worst for another. Key variations can be found with respect to the wheel size, folding mechanism, weight and price range.
Best Folding Bike for Commuting 2020
#01 – EuroMini ZiZZO Via 27lb Folding Bike
- All Light Weight Aluminum Alloy - Frame, Handlebar, Stem, Seat post, Kickstand, Headset, Front & rear hub, Crank set, V-style brakes, Front and Rear Fenders and more
- Genuine Shimano Tourney 7-speed Derailleur, Shimano Revo 7-Speed Grip Style Shifter and STAINLESS STEEL 11-28T 7-Speed Cassette Gears
- Adjustable stem adapts to riders of all sizes from under five feet to over six feet four tall
- Double Wall rims, Kenda ultra-light multi-terrain tires and Magnet catcher to hold folded bike together
- Folded size: H-27" L-31" W-12.5. Weight: 27 lbs (Lightweight Folding bike): Maximum weight capacity 240 lbs.
#02 – Schwinn Loop Folding Bicycle
- Discover the convenience and utility of the schwinn loop adult folding bicycle; in just a few easy steps, this brilliant device folds out to a bike that's big enough to accommodate a six foot rider
- Great for camping or RV this durable steel bike packs up so small that no bike rack is required; The folded size is 29.5 inches by 29 inches by 19 inches
- Tackle Small hills and cut through brisk winds easily, thanks to a seven speed Shimano Revoshift twist Shifter and Shimano tourney rear derailleur
- The rear carry rack and an included nylon carry bag keep the bike protected and concealed; Perfect for commuting, this bike features a kickstand and durable steel hinges
- This bike ships ready to be assembled, weighs approximately 33 pounds, has a limited lifetime warranty, and the wheels measure 20 inches
#03 – Xspec 26″ 21-Speed Folding Mountain Trail Bicycle Commuter Foldable Bike
- Provides a stronger, faster, more reliable stopping power than the traditional V-Brake Systems; Disc brakes also do not wear out your tires and last much longer; Since disc brakes are much more consistent you’ll be able to judge braking more accurately
- High tensile steel folding frame that could withstand rough mountain trails and folds flat in seconds with no tools required
- Includes Shimano products that are known to last, including derailleur and shifters; Also includes alloy double wall rims with 26" diamond wheels and 22. 5'' handlebars.
- Front & rear shock absorbers that could withstand many tough terrain mountain trails or daily commutes
- Recommended for rider's height 5'3"-6'0". Max weight up to 220lbs - Light Assembly/Tools Required. 30-day included for all orders purchased from the authorized seller, Crosslinks.
#04 – SwagCycle Pro Folding Electric Bike
- Robust and foldable; the e bike’s sturdy frame can support up to 264 pounds and collapse its stem and handlebars for easy storage
- Extreme torque; tackle speeds up to 18 mph via app optimization and climb inclines up to 12 degrees on a powerful zero emission motor
- Long lasting charge; a single charge lets you traverse up to 15. 5 miles of thrilling adventures and new discoveries
- App control; connect your iOS or Android with the Swag Cycle 2 app to track your trip, speed, GPS location, and more
- USB port; plug your mobile devices into the electric bike’s USB port to stay fully charged wherever you go
#05 – EuroMini ZiZZO Campo 28lb Lightweight Aluminum Frame Shimano
- Lightweight aluminum frame; folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you never need to leave it outside
- Genuine Shimano components with 7 speeds and grip style shifter
- Easy single folding aluminum alloy stem
- Folding pedals, wider comfortable saddle and magnet catcher to hold folded frame securely together.
- Folded size: H-27" L-31" W-12. 5. Weight: 28. 5 lb (lightweight)
#06 – EuroMini ZiZZO Urbano 24lb Lightest Aluminum
- All Super Light Weight Aluminum Alloy - Frame, Fork, Handle bar, Stem, Seat post, Kick stand, Head set, Front & rear hub, Crank set, Chain, V-style brakes and more.
- Genuine Shimano Altus 8-speed Derailleur, Shimano Revo 8-Speed Grip Style Shifter and Shimano11-32T 8-Speed Cassette Gears.
- Adjustable stem adapts to riders of all sizes from under five feet to over six feet four
- Double Wall Rims, Kenda ultra-light multi-terrain tires, high strength resin folding pedal and Magnet Catcher to hole folded bike together.
- Folded size: H-27" L-31" W-12.5. Weight: 24.5 lbs (lightest folding bike): Maximum weight capacity: 240 lbs.
#07 – IDS unYOUsual Folding Bike Lightweight Aluminum Frame
- 20 - inch folding bicycle designed for commuting and exercising.
- Shimano 6 speed shifter and derailleur. semi-alloy front and rear V-brake.
- WANDA 20" x 1.75 tires
- Quick removable front handle stem. with alloy silver color cap & PVC black bell.
- Easy assembly and ride
#08 – Goplus 20” Folding Bike, 7 Speed Shimano Gears
- 【7-Speed Folding Bike】The shifting handle and rear derailleur allow you to easily change the speed as needed, giving you a new experience during your ride. In addition, the ergonomic anti-slip handle relieves discomfort caused by prolonged riding.
- 【Rugged Frame & Foldable Design】With high-strength iron frame, this folding bike has strong load-bearing capacity and can be used for a long time. Besides, the foldable design makes it easy for you to carry and store. And the entire folding process takes only 3 steps.
- 【Adjustable Handle & Seat Height】 Made of high quality aging resistant rubber and aluminum alloy rims, the tires are non-slip and difficult to pierce. So you can use it on a mountain road or on a rugged road. Not only that, the height of the seat and handle can be adjusted to provide you a better comfort experience.
- 【V-style Brakes】This bicycle is equipped with front and rear V brakes, which make the brakes more efficient and shorten the braking distance when riding out. Cortical seats provide you with the greatest comfort, and you can adjust the height from top to bottom to find the height that best suits your ride.
- 【Easy Assembly Process】Our folding bicycle is 98% installed, so you can install and use it very quickly, reducing a lot of tedious installation steps, allowing you to use our bicycle quickly. And our wear-resistant wheels can cope with all kinds of road conditions. The anti-skid foot with BS reflector allows you to ride at night without any problems.
#09 – Retrospec Judd Single-Speed Folding Bike
- Foldable single speed bike with coaster brake, ideal for commuting and quick transportation that is easy to carry and simple to store
- 20 inch wheels with Kendal Kwest commuter tires with smooth rounded tread and large water dispersion grooves
- Lightweight aluminum frame that is 30% lighter than other steel or chrome alloy framed folding bikes
- Quick and easy folding time made possible by folding handlebar tube, top-tube and pedals
- Conveniently folds up to 10"x30"x22", making it easy to stash virtually anywhere
#10 – Jetson Bike-to-Go Folding Bicycle
- INDUSTRY LEADING FEATURES – The Jetson Bike-to-Go Foldable Bike has an aluminum alloy frame, easy rolling 24" inch wheels, 7 speeds, back suspension, front and rear caliper V-brakes, quick release seat post, bike bell and kick stand.
- GO ANYWHERE - The BTG has 24" wheels for easy rolling and weighs 32 lbs. pounds with folded dimension of 23. 75" x 30. 75" x 11. 80" inches and opens up to unfolded dimension of 43. 0" x 60. 0" x 20. 5" inches.
- EZ ASSEMBLY - The Bike-to-Go comes partially assembles with only the pedals needing to be put on. Perform a visual inspection for all screws & nuts are tight. Verify tires inflated & wheels spin freely.
Best Folding Bike for Commuting 2020
The property of being folded: Some bike styles are more user-friendly than the rest. So, it’s worth seeing a bike in the real and practicing the folding and unfolding before the purchase, particularly if one expects to be folding the bike in a hurry on a train platform.
The tire size: Usually, folding bikes are small bicycles – but there are versions designed around the idea of full-sized rims. There are models with smaller wheels with the lighter and more compact design when folded, but these won’t gather as much momentum as the others on the road. A folding bike with larger wheels will be much faster in rolling once the wheels are up to speed – but this will likely weigh more and will be a little more cumbersome to load onto public transport systems.
What is the weight: Of course, if one intends to be hoisting the bike on and off trains, then it’s understandable that he or she will want it to be light. This is achieved by using a lighter frame material.
What is the price: One can pick up a folding bike for under £200, and he or she can also spend well in excess of £2000. A cheap folding bike will definitely do the job for you – but you also can expect it to be heavier than more premium offerings at the same time – thanks to lower-end components and a heftier frame. Finding the right option for someone just simply comes down to choosing which side of the above-mentioned compromise to sit on.
Are they adaptable: Most folding bikes can easily be shared across the members of a household? However, if you know that this is an important consideration, it’s worth ensuring that whichever model you buy offers you with a wide range of adjustments that are easy to use.
New innovations: In the past few years, electric folding bikes have become a trend of their own. The addition of a motor to the bike usually makes for greater overall performance, but weights are always decreasing and the additional power will make scaling up ascents significantly easier.
Read More: BEST FOLDING BIKE FOR LONG DISTANCE
These super-handy commuting items are not only popular among those negotiating on the daily grind, but they’re also incredibly popular among people for whom space is a limitation. These are the ideal bikes for anyone who lives in a small flat. Thus, these folding bikes are also popular among the ones who love to commute on a daily basis.
Related Tags:- Best Folding Bike for Commuting 2020