Best Folding Bike 2020 – A folding bike is a great option for people who have limited space. It has lots of perks that attract riders. No doubt these bikes have health benefits and good for the environment as well.
Are you planning a trip to another country or rural area? A folding bike works great for you can travel from place to place and explore.
Buying a folding bicycle is an important investment that’s why you cannot take it lightly. We need to go through a little research while going for some brands of folding bikes. Through this article, I am going to mention some tips to buy a folding bike.
Best Folding Bike 2020
#01 – Eurobike 26” Full Suspension
- Upgrade the frame Suspension to make your ride more comfortable,and foldable frame easy to store and carry
- 21 speed Shifters easy to use
- folding bikes for adults,26 inches wheels fits up to 5’3-5’9”
- Dual disc brakes make brakes more sensitive
- The price is affordable. You can compare bicycles with similar configurations. Our bicycles have a high cost performance ratio.
#02 – Columba 20″ Compact Folding Bike
- New Stock Arrived! 20" wheels, 6 speed Shimano, folding steel frame & steel fork. Front/rear V-brake.
- alloy rim, foldable pedals.
- Kenda 20"x1.75" tire. front/rear steel hub. steel kick stand.
- Recommended for rider's height 5'0" ~ 5'10". Supporting rider's max weight up to 200 lbs.
- Net weight 30 lbs. Shipping weight 38 lbs. Folded dimensions 31"x14"x25".
#03 – Outroad Mountain Bike 6 Spoke 21 Speed
- ✔Free pedals and comfortable seat include in packages. Recommended rider weight: 200 lbs, Recommended rider height: 5.0' - 6.0'.
- ✔Flodable mountain bike is 26-inch wheel, 17-inch frame, 6-spoke fashion rims, more safe and fastness. Adjust the suitable seat height, brakes and transmission according to the instructions. Note: the handlebar height is fixed.
- ✔Folding bike with high carbon steel mountain bike dual suspension frame. 21 speed gears, allow you to switch through the gears very quickly with your finger tips, so you can quickly select a gear for every terrain. Enjoy different speed cycling experience, like a wind chaser.
- ✔Great Braking System. Front and Rear Disc Brakes and Quick Releases. The front and rear disc brakes and help keep the cyclist safe even in high speeds and down sloppy terrains. You will also have more control on when and where to stop.
- ✔Assembly Required. Please identify the pedal L/R logo Correctly install the pedal. Assemble the remaining 20% by yourself. Includes all the tools you need for building and maintaining your own bicycle. Any problem pls feel free to contact us.
#04 – ZOYO 20″ Folding Bikes
- Designed for leisure and daily commuting, this ZOYO 20" Folding Bike has a folded size of 32.6” L x 13” D x 24.4” H, thus it is quite compact and can be easily stow away into the trunk of most cars.
- Adjustable saddle height allows for comfortable riding.
- Suitable for rider height of 4.5’ to 5.6’ and max rider weight of 140lbs.
- Genuine Shimano derailleurs are used, good for both short and long range leisure riding.
- The bike is 95% Assembled.
#05 – SOLOROCK Pace 3.0 14
- Super compact
- Super light
- Very easy to fold
- Comfortable to ride
- Strong & Solid
#06 – Dahon Speed D7 Street
- LIGHTWEIGHT BUILT: The Speed D7 Street’s features lightweight 4130 light cromoly frame and has a lattice forged hinge with ViseGrip Technology
- FORK AND HANDLEPOST: The fork features Hi-Ten Steel blades and steerer for smooth, strong, and stable riding
- DRIVETRAIN: It features 7-Speed Shimano RD-TX35 rear Derailleur Drivetrain that will never let you down
- WHEELS DESIGN: The Dahon Speed D7 Street is equipped with Dahon’s 20” wheels. The tires pair with aluminum rims with 20 Hole front and 28 Hole rear Hub to provide a sturdy base and superior performance
- BRAKES: This foldable bicycle is equipped with Winzip Smooth and Powerful 110mm V-Brakes
#07 – Montague Paratrooper PRO 27
#08 – Montague Paratrooper PRO Folding Mountain Bike
#09 – EBS Folding Bike, Commuter Folding Bicycle
- Wanda 20" x 1.75 tires, quickly removable front handle stem
- Adjustable seat height and handle bar height, folds in easy steps
- Fashionable compact bike can be easily folded and storage or transportation
- Quality folding city bike suitable for daily commute to work or school, riding with comfort and style
#10 – Qualisports Volador Folding Electric Bike
- Qualisports VOLADOR - 20inch Folding Electric Bicycle FREE FENDERS 36V/350W Portable Foldable eBike for Men Women Adults.
- COMPLETLY ASSEMBLED - Qualisports electric bikes are shipped at fully assembled. You just need to take out the bike from the box, unfold it and connect the battery to the controller and then, take it for a ride! All bikes come with a set of fenders, a flash light will batteries, a bell and a bag of tools you may need.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE - Easily adjust the bicycle seat and handlebar.Can comfortably accommodate a Cyclist ranging from 150 – 195 cm— (5′ to 6’3″) so mom, dad and the kids can all share it.
- 350W POWERFULL MOTOR - The 20inch VOLADOR folding ebike is equipped with 350W high speed brushless motor, with speeds up to 20mph, providing more than enough to power your daily commute, a cruise on the mountain, or a meander along your favorite trail.
- ▶WARRANTY - All other components on the bike and extra-bought accessories warranty 1 year(Carry bag not included). Battery warranty: All Qualibike batteries come with a 2 years warranty(Battery circle lifetime is 600~800 depends on the environment).
Buying guide for Folding Bikes
Tips to buy a folding bike
- Do you need a folding bicycle?
Of course, this is the first thing to check, make sure why do you need a folding bike. Some people think that folding bike is cheaper as compared to a normal bike, but it’s not. Keep in mind this is costly as compared to a real bicycle.
Like other consumer products, folding bicycles are designed with different features for different users.
- How do you use a bike?
Do you use the bike for commuting or only for fun rides? If you are expecting a long-distance ride or going off-road a folding bike is not required at all. Understand how you use the bicycle and help to know which model suits your requirement.
- Consider the size of the frame
What is the frame size of the bike? Keep in mind these bikes come in a single size. It is quite low, like a child’s bike but it is adjustable for the taller people as well. There is not much to check in the frame size, only you need to see the seat and handlebars whether they are suitable to your height or not.
- Folding technique
Method of folding depends on your choice. There are three types of folding bikes in the market one is half fold, triangle fold and break away. You can easily half fold a bike but it’s not sturdy. The bikes with a triangle fold are sturdy and can be easily folded but riding them is hard. Last one breakaway fold are the easiest to fold as they can be folded into a compact size. But the only downside of a breakaway folding bike is harder to reassemble.
- Size of the wheel
Wheel size is important as it affects your overall ride. The small wheels are easy to steer, but bigger wheels are smoother. When you fold the bike the size of the wheel has a great role in this. In case you need a small compact just like kids bike you have to go for smaller wheels. If you want a mountain bike then you go for bigger wheels.
The mechanism refers to add more weight to a bike. The bikes with bigger wheels intended to have smoother as compared to smaller wheels. The suspension mechanism helps counter the friction of smaller wheels. It adds pressure and weight to the bike. Do you want to stick with a small bike select that which is having suspension mechanism?
- Take a test ride
Without taking a test ride you cannot experience the particular performance of a bike. Take a ride on different folding bikes to select the one. It helps you to get the best terrain you can plan to use the bike. Suppose you want to buy a bike for a rural area you need to test your ride on dirt or gravel road.
- Weight of the bike
The weight of the frame makes a great difference in the performance of your bike. The weight of your bike does not affect when it comes to touring performance. Go for the lightest frame of the bike if you are carrying your folding bike around a lot.
- Make practice for folding and unfolding
Select a bike and learn the folding mechanism which takes some time. If it is too complicated to fold try similar bikes in a different brand. Go for the brands that offer ease foldability feature.
- Storage space you need to store
Measure the space required to store the bike. Check the bike can be carried in an aeroplane and public transport as well. Determine whether that particular bike will fit into the space available also measure the thickness of the cover you are going to use for that.
- Transport accessories
Different brands offer various accessories to protect the bike during transport. For example, tripods that allow the bike to stand upright, protectors to prevent from scratches etc. Go for the cover and rubber stoppers to prevent your bike from scratches. Some accessories are mandatory when you visit some countries. So read the website of that particular country you are planning to take your folding bike.
- Inspect your comfortable riding position
In case you are not able to find a bike of the right frame size, you can adjust the bar ends/ use a different seat. It will help you to get a good riding position, especially for long rides. A bicycle repair person will help you to find the perfect seat for you. To ensure the best fit you may have to experiment with different positions.
- Find the perfect tyres
The quality of tyres depends on where you will ride your bike. Extra puncture protection tyres are important no matter which bike you are riding. Folding bikes offer a limited variety of tyres. That’s why tyres become the most important feature while selecting a folding bike.
- Future upgrades
A folding bike is compatible with standard full-size bike components. For instance, take the case of tyres; you will get limited variety for small wheels. Some folding bikes are not compatible with parts of full-sized bicycles. Make sure that you can change some parts of the cycle over the years.
Check the warranty options before buying a bike. Once you have selected a model you need to shop around to know the best value which provides after-sale services.
I hope the above guide will help you to understand the fascinating world of folding bikes. You can also check the reviews of a different brand of folding bikes to know more.
Related Tags: Best Folding Bike 2020